1. Decide to Sell - Selling a home can be an emotional decision. You may want to sell a house for buying a new one or you may prefer to live in a rental property. You may also be migrated from one place to another which drives you to sell the house. The reason for selling houses can include other reasons. However, the first step to sell a house is to take a decision of selling your property.
2. Hire an Agent and Determine the Listing Price - If you have decided to sell your property, look for an agent who can assist you to sell the property. Make contact with several agents, speak to them and choose the one whom, you think, can meet your demands. Discuss clearly to the agent about your expected price. Make a regular contact with the agent to ease the selling process. You can also advise the agent about marketing your property.
3. Preparing Your Home/Property and Staging - ‘First impression’ to the customer is always a big factor to the potential buyers of your property. To make your property competitive and to acquire the highest market value, you may need to fix some issues. After visiting your property, the agent can advise you how to fix the issues. However, without spending too much, you can make your property nice by the followings:
4. Accept an Offer - If you receive a good offer, accept it and advise the agent to move on for the next stages. If you receive multiple offers, advise the agent which one you agree.
5. Moving - Get Ready for moving. Pack up your belongings, clean up your property, and leave the property with a welcoming note to the new owner.